Software Asset Management (SAM)
A SAM Value Assessment builds on the foundation of a SAM Baseline Assessment engagement and delivers more detailed recommendations for driving your digital transformation.
Software Asset Management (SAM)
When you engage Apeiron Sumus to deliver a SAM Value Assessment, we will help you take the insights associated with the SAM Baseline Assessment to the next stage. We will offer recommendations about:
- How you might gain greater value from your existing Microsoft Windows Server and Microsoft SQL Server deployments
- How you might evolve existing processes for greater efficiency, effectiveness, performance, and resilience
- Which systems and services you might want to consider consolidating
- Which systems and services you might want to move to the cloud
- How you might execute a digital transformation to the cloud in a manner that is least disruptive to your business
With these recommendations you are even more well-positioned to make informed decisions about IT alignments, future IT investments, and the path of your digital transformation.
The SAM Value engagement rolls out in a manner identical to the SAM Baseline engagement:
- During a Planning stage, Apeiron Sumus works closely with the client to determine the extent of the IT landscape to be explored and to engage the relevant stakeholders.
- During the Data Collection stage, Apeiron Sumus works both onsite and remotely with tools such as Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit. It also uses scripts and questionnaires to capture raw data about the distribution of infrastructure and software assets.
- During the Data Analysis stage, Apeiron Sumus consolidates and analyzes the data it has captured.
- During the Recommendations stage, Apeiron Sumus presents its analysis of the data and an inventory of the infrastructure and software discovered during the data collection process. Apeiron Sumus also presents clients with recommendations for infrastructure optimization, cybersecurity reports, and more.
Ultimately, a SAM Value Engagement adds deeper levels of insight and more specific suggestions during the Recommendation stage. You gain even greater insight into how to manage costs and risks, optimize investments in software licenses, and align IT investments with business and organizational needs.
Why Apeiron Sumus?
Apeiron Sumus was the first consulting organization in Latin America to specialize in SAM and it works closely with Microsoft to facilitate an open engagement with customers. We have a team of dedicated SAM professionals and a state-of-the art SAM delivery center in which these experts can create the deliverables associated with a SAM engagement.
Apeiron Sumus has conducted more than 1,000 SAM Assessment engagements since 2014 – with public, private, and governmental organizations throughout the Americas. In 2018, Microsoft named Apeiron Sumus its SAM Partner of the Year, an award presented annually to the SAM partner that delivers the greatest value to its customers and demonstrates the best practices for the industry.
For more about the SAM Value Assessment service, contact Apeiron Sumus or visit the SAM Value page at microsoft.com.